Here’s the $64,000 question at GSH right now: Have you taken the Performance Culture Assessment yet?
I’m sure you’ve at least heard a little about the PCA by now. It’s our annual employee survey. You take it online. It takes about 5 minutes. Really. Just 5 minutes. I was told this by some employees who hadn’t done the survey because they thought it would take a lot of time!
When I originally sat down to write this, our participation rate was hovering around 75 percent. That was a lot better than last year; I’m told it was 50 percent. Yikes! And now as I post this message, I’ve learned that our rate is just over 85 percent. That’s really great progress! But that still leaves about 15 percent of you—almost 200—who haven’t been heard from. Still too many!
I’ve been here at Good Samaritan for coming up on 9 months now and I’ve had the opportunity to meet many of you. But despite my best efforts (remember, I really like rounding), I haven’t been able to talk with each and every person on our team here. That’s why the PCA is so important. I want to hear from everyone so I can get a clear picture of how you feel about our workplace. If there are things that need fixed, I want to know about them. I want to make them better. But it’s hard to do that if I don’t hear from as many of you as possible.
Please. If you haven’t had a chance to take the PCA, go right now to this link http://www.healthstreamsurveys.com/PCA2011 and take it. It takes just a few minutes, but the feedback that you’ll be giving is so valuable.
And to those of you who have taken the PCA: THANK YOU! I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts about our working environment here at Good Samaritan.
We’re in this together. Let’s hear from everyone!